IFC: Your Personal Plan To Lose Weight
IFC (Individualized Fitness Consultation) is a program designed around your lifestyle, health and fitness needs. It involves formulation of a highly personalized fitness program to take you to a higher level of fitness and better health. You can enjoy more of your life—and look and feel better in the process.
Initial Profile: where you are. Through a specially selected battery of assessments or tests, we determine your current state of fitness. These values are kept as your “baseline.” Your subsequent re-assessments will be compared to this initial profile to determine your overall progress toward your goals, as well as to show areas that may need to be modified as your fitness level improves or as you reach your goals.
Assessments: Tests which may be used to determine your baseline fitness level:
- Height, weight (Body Mass Index)
- Blood pressure
- Body fat percentage
- Strength assessment
- Flexibility assessment
- Fall Risk - Modified CTSIB (Neurocom)
- Coordination/agility level
- Cardio stress: how long does it take you to reach 70% of your HR max (220 – age X 0.7) while walking on a treadmill at 3.5 mph? (Speed may vary: athletes will be tested at a higher speed; elderly at a slower speed. But, the test speed will always be consistent from the initial assessment through subsequent re-assessments.)
- (We would recommend that you contact your physician to get your cholesterol and triglyceride levels as part of your overall health information.)
Your Goals: where you want to be. You identify what you want to accomplish through your participation in this program. This can range from losing weight or changing your body shape to being able to get up from a low chair or play catch with your grandchildren. If you can identify what you want to accomplish, we can put together the most effective program to make those goals your reality.
The Plan: Once we have completed your assessment, we will collaborate on designing the best possible program to help you accomplish your goals. This will not only include your exercise program, but an extensive educational experience. We want you to understand how your body works, what exercises burn which fuel, what the best diet and nutrition recommendations will be. The more you understand about what you are doing, the more likely you will be to take the initiative and make the life changes necessary to maintain your new fitness profile once you have accomplished your goals.
Program Cost: $350.00
Included in your IFC membership:
- One month membership to the A&W
- Four 1 – 1.5 hour sessions of personal consultation time with David Henslee, P.T.
- 1 FREE stretching session with Tim Thomas, LAT, ATC (a $15.00 value)
- A comprehensive, professionally-styled report. At your request, your initial assessment (and your subsequent re-assessments) will be available to send to your physician
- discount on ProBlend 55, a premium protein supplement
- discounts on personal training sessions at the NTRC Aquatics & Wellness Center while you are participating in IFC
- NTRC Aquatics & Wellness water bottle
- Lipid Panel blood test to identify your total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, HDL/LDL ratio, and triglyceride levels
For more infomation click here or call 940-687-4991.